- buy generic reglan
- blogs in relation to buy generic xalatan of australia
- websites in relation to buy artane online among alaska
- info with respect to buy macrobid without prescription among alaska
- generic flagyl among alaska
- serevent prescription out washington
- generic nexium from north carolina
These benefits include tax breaks, Social Security benefits and estate planning advantages that until now were denied gay couples, even if their marriages were recognized under state law.
Among other things, gay marrieds will now be able to:
- claim Social Security benefits based on a spouse’s working record and qualify for survivor benefits.
- fund an IRA or Roth IRA for a nonworking spouse.
- split a retirement fund or other assets without triggering tax bills if they divorce.
- exempt health care benefits for a spouse from their federal income.
- bequeath their estate to a spouse without triggering potential federal estate taxes.
These gains may come with a cost: as NerdWallet puts it, “federal income tax brackets are in fact easier on high-income individuals than they are on most high-income married couples.” NerdWallet figured that same-sex couples earning more than $146,000 may see their tax bill go up by over $1,000.
One of my gay friends, a financial planner, just posted to her Facebook page that her taxes are likely to go up by several thousand dollars. But she was happy, as she put it, to “take one for the team.”
- What same sex couples–and their advisors–need to know Last summer’s Supreme Court decisions on same sex marriage created a sea change for gay couples, but the details of that change depend on […]
- Q&A: Social Security and marriage Dear Liz: Each year, I track my estimated Social Security benefit on the SSA.gov website. At full retirement age of 67, my estimated […]
- Q&A: When to start Social Security when you don’t need it Dear Liz: Most of the questions you answer about Social Security come from people who don't have a lot of money saved. I agree with your […]
- Wednesday’s need-to-know money news DOMA struck down, squeezing the most out of free credit reports, the smartest places in America, and how to get the most car for your […]