Kindle owners, take note: The latest edition of my book “Your Credit Score: Your Money and What’s at Stake” is a free download on Amazon this week, until July 31.
I announced this offer last week on my Facebook fan page, and based on feedback there, I offer the following clarifications:
- This is a Kindle deal only. No freebies for Nook, Sony Reader or iPad owners. Sorry, guys. I didn’t make the deal–FT Press did. Bug them.
- This is a download. No physical books will be given away. Just ebooks.
- If you don’t have a Kindle, you don’t have to buy one because of this deal. It doesn’t make sense to spend $189 to get a $13 book for free, now, does it? Go to your library. They’ve probably got a dead-tree copy there you can read. Or hang out at Barnes & Noble. There’s usually at least one on the shelf. If not, you have my permission to ask why. (UPDATE: You can also download free Kindle software to get the book. See below.)
- No, I don’t get an incentive for selling Kindles. And I don’t get royalties on books that are given away for free, either. My publisher tells me this may spur sales in coming weeks, but sales have already been fine, so I’m not holding my breath. I just think it’s cool you can get something besides Jane Austen books for free on Kindle. Not that I’m against Jane Austen. Love her. Kiss kiss.
- You don’t have to love the credit scoring system to want to know more about it. Credit scoring formulas can be opaque, frustrating, seemingly illogical–but they’ve also become important to our financial lives, and knowing how they work can save you tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in your lifetime. A little education can go a long way.
- Update: You don’t need a physical Kindle to get this deal. You just need a Kindle app on your phone or the software downloaded to your PC (link to download HERE) or Mac (link to download HERE).