Debt may be a four-letter word, but it’s not necessarily the enemy. Some debts are much, much worse than others, and knowing which to tackle first can leave you richer.
That’s the central idea of my book “Deal with Your Debt,” and I go into more detail in this interview with Experian’s Mike Delgado. (Also, you’ll get a great view of one of our bedrooms…I couldn’t get my laptop to cooperate with Google Hangout, so I had to resort to the desktop.)
We covered a bunch of topics, including:
- What you need to know about getting, and paying off, student loans
- Why retirement has to be your top financial goal (yes, even ahead of paying off debt)
- What debts to tackle first and
- When to consider filing for bankruptcy
…and much more.
- My book is out! Get it for free.
"Deal with Your Debt" is now available, and I’m giving away five copies this week.
To enter to win, leave a comment here on my blog (not my Facebook...
- Can you be too focused on paying off debt?
It’s probably my Lutheran upbringing that makes me wary of extremism in any form. Moderation in all things, doncha know.
Lately, I’m noticing extr...
- Now available: My new book!
Do you have questions about money? Here's a secret: we all do, and sometimes finding the right answers can be tough. My new book, "There Are No Dumb ...
- Our #CreditChat is about to begin!
In a few minutes I'll be answering your questions about how to deal with your debt on Experian's #CreditChat, which starts at 3 p.m. Eastern/noon Pac...